Normally if you are having ovarian cysts then you will not let it know by any symptoms, as it does not produce any. You can only find it through physical examination. Sometimes you may get it on ultrasound which may be performed for any other reason. Still there are some symptoms, with ruptured or large cysts. Some of those are as follows
- You will feel pain during sexual intercourse. It get worse while deep penetration.
- You may have irregular periods.
- You get a feeling of fullness, pelvic pressure or lower abdominal.
- Having pelvic pain after vigorous activity or exercise.
- Vomiting and nausea is another symptom of ovarian cysts.
- You may have spotty bleeding or vaginal pain.
- Infertility, bloating, indigestion, heartburn, abdominal distension, abdominal fullness is all known as symptoms of ovarian cysts.
A busted ovarian cyst normally comes suddenly with intense pain. This is normally occurring during middle of your menstrual cycle as well as after exercise or during sexual intercourse.
Treatment for ovarian cysts
There is no particular treatment for ovarian cysts especially if they are not showing any symptoms. You have to go for pelvic ultrasound after some months to check that if cyst is resolved or not. Mostly for premenopausal women, it resolves within two months without having any treatment. But for postmenopausal woman, its chance of dissolving is less. If there is a larger cyst it will take surgery for removal. For ruptured ovarian cyst pain medication is used instead of surgery.