If you are having any problem or difficulty with your vagina, it is very sensitive, personal and private issue. Mostly girls will not be able to discuss topics like vaginal odor with others. So if you, as most of the women, are having the same issue, and wanted to get rid of this unwanted odor, keep on reading this article till end.
Causes of vaginal odor
- One of the main causes of vaginal odor is Bacterial Vaginosis.
- Another important reason may be the change in sex partner. It happens because the semen when create contact with female fluid while intercourse, potentially change your vaginal smell.
- Smelly vagina can be experienced by women during periods.
- Sometimes over douching can also cause your vaginal smell to alter. It may aggravate any existing issue by upsetting natural pH balance.
So these are some of the causes that may be the reason of your vaginal odor.
Prevention of vaginal odor
Following are some tips that can help you in getting rid of vaginal odor.
- You should try to change your tampons on regular basis even if you find that menstrual flow is not that much heavy.
- You should also avoid douching because it can disturb your natural vaginal lubricants.
- Another thing that you can do is to not to use tight underwear, because it can stop vagina to breathe easily. You should try to use cotton underwear, as they can absorb well and also allow air circulation.
- You should also wipe carefully from back as well. This is important because it can stop harmful bacteria entering vagina from rectal area.